Home/Article/Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd IPO - Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd IPO Date, Share Price And News
Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd IPO - Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd IPO Date, Share Price And News
14 Jul 2023

Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd is set to raise INR 6000 crores through an Initial Public Offering. The company filed its red herring prospectus with SEBI in February 2021. Sona Comstar is backed by PE major Blackstone and Sona Group. The company is a leading automotive parts manufacturer and supplier to domestic and global markets. They supply highly-engineered, mission-critical automotive systems and components to auto original equipment manufacturers (OEMs)

It operates a total of 9 manufacturing and assembly facilities out of which 6 are based out of India and one each out of China, Mexico, and the USA respectively. It has 8 warehouses dispersed across India, the USE, Germany, and Belgium. It also supplies automotive parts to Electric Vehicle markets.

The company has announced a fresh issue of INR 300 crores and an offer for sale of INR 5700 crores for shareholders Singapore VII Topco III Pte Ltd, an affiliate of The Blackstone Group Inc. As of December, Singapore VII Topco III Pte held a 66.28% stake in Sona Comstar, while the rest 33.72% was held by Sona Autocomp Holding Pvt. Ltd.

In FY20, the company reported a revenue of INR 1,037.98 crore, up from ₹699.22 crores in the previous year, and net profit of ₹360.34 crores, up from ₹100.11 crores a year earlier.

Sona BLW Precision Forgings IPO Details

Fresh Issue

The company is making a fresh issue of shares to the tune of INR 300 crores.

Offer for Sale

An offer for sale aggregating to INR 5700 crores for selling shareholder Singapore VII Topco III Pte Ltd.

Sona BLW Precision Forgings IPO Share Price

The share price of Sona BLW Precision Forgings is 285.

BLW Precision Forgings IPO Date

The BLW Precision Forgings IPO opening date is 14th june 2021 and the closing date is 16th june 2021.

Issue objectives

This new IPO’s issue objectives for the fresh issue are repayment and prepayment of debt amount to INR 225 crores apart from other general corporate purposes. The proceed from the sale will go directly to the selling shareholder, in this case, Singapore VII Topco III Pte. Discover the latest updates and insights on the upcoming IPOs 2023!

How to invest in an IPO

To buy shares of an IPO you must open a Demat account and trading account to be able to invest. Thanks to online trading platforms and SEBI’s efforts to take IPOs online, enable UPI transactions, etc. you can invest in an IPO in a few simple steps from the comfort of your home.

Before commencing online trading, always remember to open a Demat Account and Trading Account with a trusted and reliable financial partner.

If you already have an existing account, you can  start your online trading and invest in the upcoming IPO's.

Related IPO Articles: GoAir IPO | Krishna institute of medical science (KIMS) IPO | Seaborne Logistics IPO | Seven Islands Shipping IPO | Arohan Financial Services IPO | Exxaro Tiles IPO | India Pesticides IPO | Paras Defence and space technologies IPO | Utkarsh small finance bank IPO | Dodla Dairy IPO | Montecarlo Limited IPO 

You may also like…

Be the first to read our new blogs

Intelligent investment insights delivered to your inbox, for Free, daily!

Take your next step

Open Demat Account
I wish to talk in South Indian language
By proceeding you’re agree to our T&C