It needs no reiteration that the voter ID card is one of the most important documents issued by the government to its citizens. It permits the holder of the card to participate and vote in elections at the regional, assembly as well as national level, allowing you to meaningfully in the constitution of your next government; be it at the municipal level, state level or the national level. Once your voter ID card has been issued, you can use the same card throughout your lifetime to participate in all the elections. But, what do you do if the card is lost. In the event the card is lost, misplaced or is unusable due to being torn or mutilated, you can apply for a duplicate card but you must only go through the CEC office.
Why do you need to apply for a duplicate voter id card?
There are various reasons you may require a duplicate voter id. Thankfully, applying for a duplicate voter ID card is now a quick and convenient process. Applicants can apply for a duplicate voter 's ID card in any of the following situations:
- Theft of card
- Card misplaced or stolen
- If card is unusable due to wear and tear
- There are some changes in status in the data
Step by step procedure to obtain a duplicate voter id card
There are some basic steps you need to take if you have lost your voter id card and want to get a duplicate copy. Here are the detailed steps if you are applying for a duplicate voter id offline:
- Visit the electoral office nearest to your place of residence and collect a copy of Form EPIC-002, which is the application form for duplicate voter ID card.
- Fill in the form with the relevant details such as name, address, voter ID card etc.
- Attach all the required supporting documents and submit the form at the electoral office.
- On submission, you will receive a reference number that you can use to track the status of your application.
- Your application will be verified by the Electoral Officer and on successful verification you will be issued with a duplicate voter 's ID card.
- You will be notified regarding your application being processed and can collect your card in person from the electoral office.
Applying for a duplicate voter ID card used to be a very long and elaborate process in the past. You actually had to make multiple trips to the local electoral office to collect a form, submit it and track your application. However, in the last few years, the Election Commission of India has already introduced an online application process for duplicate voter ID cards across all states and union territories. Now, you can apply for a duplicate card from the comfort of your home and complete all the formalities without having to visit the electoral office each time. Here is the detailed process for getting duplicate voter id online.
- Download a copy of Form EPIC-002 which is the application form for issue of a duplicate voter ID card from your state 's Chief Electoral Officer's website
- Fill in the form and attach all the required documents as mentioned in the form such as FIR copy, proof of address, and proof of identity
- Submit the form to your local electoral office, whereupon you will be issued a reference number.
- You can track your application status on the state election office website using this number.
- Once you have submitted your form, it will be processed and verified by the electoral office
- After successful verification, you will be notified and can go to the electoral office and collect your duplicate voter ID card.
Become a Sub Broker with Motilal Oswal Today!
Other Popular Articles
|Share Market Live||Trading on Equity||Live Commodity Prices||Currency Trading|
|Derivatives Trading in India||Market Research Report||Open Demat Account|
Financial Fitness Platform for Investors & Traders
MO Investor: Best Share Market App for Investors by Motilal Oswal
MO Trader: Best Online Trading App by Motilal Oswal
Open a Free Demat Account Online with Motilal Oswal Today!