Mutual funds in India are a great way to earn wealth. However, people hesitate to start investing because of their limited knowledge of mutual fund investing and the risks associated with it. They lack clarity about SIP calculators, tax-saving mutual funds, and such.
Thankfully, online platforms such as Motilal Oswal make investing in mutual funds online extremely easy. Moreover, Mutual Funds are now more accessible and convenient. In this guide, we’ll help you understand how to invest in mutual funds online and how long it takes to start investing in mutual funds in Motilal Oswal.
What is Motilal Oswal?
- Motilal Oswal is an online investment platform that helps investors buy and sell mutual funds, stocks, and other securities.
- The app has a user-friendly interface along with a seamless investment system, which makes it suitable for beginners too.
- Also, it doesn’t charge any fees other than the expense ratio.
Open Your free Demat Account in just 5 minutes!
How Long Does It Take for Mutual Fund Investments to Get Executed on Motilal Oswal
- Whether you’re buying or selling shares in a mutual fund in India, most mutual funds are executed once a day at 4 p.m.
- This happens every day at Eastern Time after the market closes.
- Investors can place orders to buy or sell securities through a broker, advisor, or directly through a mutual fund in India.
- Mutual fund shares are very liquid, and one can easily trade them when the stock market is open.
When are Mutual Funds Executed?
- When working through a representative, such as a broker, or directly through a mutual fund agency, you can place an order to buy or redeem shares.
- It gets executed at the next available net asset value (NAV), which is calculated when the stock market closes after each trading day.
- Note that some brokers and mutual fund companies in India require you to place an order earlier than the market closes. On the contrary, the others execute the funds on the same day, right away, when the market closes.
- The settlement period for mutual fund transactions ranges from one to three days, depending on the type.
How do I Create a Motilal Oswal Account?
The very first step in starting to invest through the Motilal Oswal portal is to create an account. You can simply download this app from any app store or visit the Motilal Oswal website. Follow the given steps to create an account:
- Click on the ‘Sign Up’ button if you’re a new user, and enter your registered mobile number.
- Verify the OTP.
- Input your PAN card number and other basic details.
- Set a unique password for your account that is not easy to decode.
Once you complete these steps, your account will be successfully created. You can also read more about how to use the Motilal Oswal platform like a pro in its user guide.
How do I Complete the KYC Verification?
You cannot start investing if you’ve not completed the KYC verification. To do so, follow the stated guidelines:
- Click on the 'Complete Your KYC' option on Motilal Oswal homepage.
- Enter your PAN and other details.
- Upload a scanned copy of your address proof and a cancelled cheque or bank statement.
- Submit your application.
Once you submit the documents, the KYC verification can take up to 24-48 hours.
- There are many investment options in India, but Motilal Oswal Mutual Funds are considered the best and also the most feasible.
- You don’t have to pay anything additional other than the expense ratio.
- This app executes investments in no time, which makes it quick, seamless, and convenient.
Related Article: 5 tools for analysing mutual funds to invest smartly | How to analyse Mutual funds for big returns | How to compare mutual funds the smart way