What is Three Outside Down Candlestick Pattern | Motilal Oswal
What is Three Outside Down Candlestick Pattern
- Investors commonly use a candlestick chart, which is a tool that showcases the changes in prices for financial securities.
- The reversal of upward and downward price trends in the market creates an opportunity for investors to purchase or sell financial securities.
- A three-outside-down candlestick pattern is an excellent indicator of an upward trend reversal. Read on to learn more!
Open Trading Account and Start Trading!
What is a Three-Outside-Down Candlestick Pattern?
The basics of a three-outside-down candlestick pattern are as follows:
- Formed on a candlestick chart, the three-outside pattern consists of one bullish and two bearish candles.
- The bullish candle formed would be white, and the bearish ones would be black.
- The first bearish candle (the second candle) will be long enough to cover the first one (the bullish candle).
- The second bearish candle (the third candle) will start at a price higher than the closing price of the second candle. However, it will have a closing price lower than the second candle.
What Does the Three-Outside-Down Candlestick Pattern Indicate?
The three-outside-down candlestick indicates the following:
- A three-outside-down candlestick is formed when the market is on an upswing. It indicates a trend reversal for financial security.
- The increase shown by the first candle is a continuation of the upward trend due to the bullish behavior of the investors.
- The starting price of the second candle shows that there is an attempt to push the prices. However, the closing price indicates that the interest of investors is dwindling.
- The third candle indicates that the investors are no longer interested in purchasing and are selling the financial security as the price falls even further.
- The three candles put together form the three-outside-down candlestick pattern, indicating the start of a downtrend for financial security.
How Can an Investor Utilize the Three-Outside-Down Candlestick Pattern?
- An investor must observe the second candle to confirm whether the candles depicted on the candlestick chart are forming a pattern.
- Once confirmed, the investor can choose to enter a trade with the intent of selling the financial security before the price drops further.
- The investor can use the pattern to minimize losses and maximize profits earned from financial security by selling at the right time.
- A three-outside-down candlestick pattern is a reliable indicator of a change in trend from upward to downward.
- Investors should understand the candlestick chart before making a trading decision.
- They should also ensure that all conditions for the pattern are satisfied.
Related Articles: What Is Candlestick Wick Analysis | What Is On Neck Candlestick Pattern | What is Three Inside Down Candlestick Pattern | What Does a Paper Umbrella Candlestick Indicate