The BSE issued a notice (20201104-21) dated November 4, 2020 regarding the revision in trading hours in the context of interest rate derivatives. This was in reference to the RBI’s press release dated November 2, 2020 about the increase in market timings for various markets including NDS-OM.
1. To align with underlying market timings, the BSE’s notice outlined the following changes in trading hours of Interest Rate Derivative contracts on November 26, 2020:
2. Interest rate derivative contracts expiring on November 26, 2020 shall be available for trading till 03:30 PM only.
3. Trading in other interest rate derivative contracts will continue till 05:00 PM.
4. New contracts with expiry in subsequent months shall be made available from November 27, 2020 onward.
5. There will be no changes in other parameters like the mechanism used to compute the Final Settlement Price or the trade modification time, among others.
These changes are to continue to remain in force until further notice from the exchange.